Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Petaluma, CA
Schedule: Full-Time, M-S, Day or Night Shift Work
Pay: $17/hr - $22/hr DOE
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing phone-based technical support and customer service for X2nSat products and services on shift within the Global Network Support Center which operates 24/7. Assists customers and field technicians to isolate problems and provides resolutions of all services and associated equipment including satellite based networking, VoIP, Internet services, and overall RF health. Must provide prompt customer phone support, tracking, and follow up of all customer technical issues and is responsible for customer satisfaction through effective handling of customer problems. Ensures proper escalation procedures are followed. Performs assigned functions according to standardized policies and procedures. Basic analytical ability is required to resolve routine technical issues. Gains assistance from higher level employees. EOE.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Provide technical support on X2nSat-supplied products, services, and/or peripherals using documented procedures and available tools.
- Initiate, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, restore, and maintain VSAT, network, and VoIP service to remote customers and internal to the GNSC infrastructure.
- Provide technical support on X2nSat-supplied hardware and software to the point of installation and basic use to the level of service appropriate per customer and/or product.
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify technical defects/issues.
- Actively support the customer and field technician in all aspects from installation through to problem resolution, keeping the customer and field technician informed and updated throughout life of incident.
- Maintain knowledge of X2nSat's product line and service offerings along with future industry products and technologies.
- Conduct thorough shift change briefings, technical analysis, and provide reports as required.
- Attend required technical training sessions and makes effective use of assigned lab time.Complies with schedule adherence to ensure overall service level targets are achieved.
- Identify and provide input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance on Telecommunications and IS equipment as required.Monitor weather and adjust transmit power accordingly.
- Follow the technical direction of senior staff on shift as required.
- Receive and conduct technical training as directed.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of basic PC and Network architecture, cabling, and technical communications systems technology knowledge.
- Working knowledge of all hardware and software shipped with X2nSat customer products and/or basic knowledge of satellite communication systems (previous experience desired and/or willing to train the right candidate)
- Working knowledge of X2nSat installed/supplied cabling, devices, modems, and antennas (previous experience desired and/or willing to train the right candidate)
- Working knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of actions based on given guidelines
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by investigating solutions using troubleshooting skills
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication, and high level organizational skills
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills - previous call center or support center experience a plus
- Ability to learn new products and technologies
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, up to a 12-hour shift norm.
- Positive attitude toward both individual and team environments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
About the Company:
- Certificate/Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Radio Frequency Technology, and/or minimum 2 years of experience in technical support
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, and/or CCNA certifications a plus
- Previous satellite industry certification or experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
X2nSat is a fast growing satellite-based network operator with customers that include national brand names, local phone companies, sovereign nations, emergency responders, maritime operators, and all kinds of last mile communications. Founded in 1996 and based in Petaluma, California, we provide cutting edge solutions for Business Continuity, SCADA, Remote Broadband, Managed Networks, and PoS Services. We sell direct to Enterprises, through Telecom Channels, Managed Service Providers, and VAR's.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to recruiting@X2nSat.com, or submit via the form on the Careers